I.E.S.D.R.E.

domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

My grandfather (by Sebastián Garrido)

My grandfather was born on April 23rd, 1947. He had three brothers. As a child, he was living in Peñarrolla (Córdoba), when he had the misfortune that his mother died of asthma with 35 years old; when he worked only 12 years. All his brothers went to school, where the discipline was very hard.
There was a teacher, who was the most demanding, he taught mathematics.
In spite of his exigency, his subject was the one that my grandfather liked the most.
In his free time he used to play with the top or to hide. He began to be my grandmother’s boyfriend at the age of 9, and since then they were together. When he had to work and simultaneously study.
As an adult he made a living, being employed at the factory; for he had to emigrate two times; the first time all his family emigrated to Puertollano, and the second time he emigrated to Huelva with my grandmother and his first two children. For him it was hard to move away from his father, though he was proud to have finished the career and being able to have a good working place in Huelva. Thanks to the money he earned, he had the opportunity to move in a car.
If my grandfather had some time, he took it to spend it with my grandmother.
He has experienced a few significant changes in life, as the electrical supplies, the respect between persons, the good habits, the technology and the medicine, the freedom of going out to the street without fears, etc.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario