I.E.S.D.R.E.

domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

My grandfather (by Victoria Almirón)

My grandfather was born on June 12, 1945 in Zalar (Granada).
He had two sisters and one brother. My grandfather went very rarely to school because he had to work. His brother and sister also went very rarely to school. My grandfather was very clever, he liked Maths a lot.

My grandfather and her family came across many difficulties, like shortage of food and the death of my dad. He helped his family working outside the house. My grandfather returned home every days, he had a difficult adolescence. He had to work and had no vacation. He worked all day: he had many different jobs in a mine (in Bilbao) in a construction of a factory (cellulose)...

My grandfather went everywhere on foot or by bus. He met my grandmother at the age of 18. My grandfather used to go to see her by bike to Huelva.
My grandfather before living in San Juan del Puerto, lived in Zalar ( Granada ), Bilbao and finally he arrived in San Juan del Puerto, because he had to work.

My grandfather told me that now the children don't have to leave school to work, but at that time many of them heeded to earn money to help their family.

He always tells me not to miss the opportunity to study now that I can.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario