I.E.S.D.R.E.

domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

My grandmother (by Isabel Manzano)

My grandmother was born on August 18th, 1947, in Coria del Rio, Sevilla. She had one sister and three brothers.
In her childhood she went to school only two or three years because she had to work and her brothers and her sister too. The time she was in a school she had only female teachers and they were very bad, they always punished her.
After school, my grandma worked in her house; she cleaned, cooked the food for everyone and used to take the food to her brothers to work.
She played to teje, skipped rope, played hide-and-seek, sang and dance, because she didn’t have any radios.
When she was 14 years old, she met my grandfather, because she was working in the country.
My grandmother worked in a factory of olive-oil, she used to pick up cotton for a factory and to take care of children.
At that time, many people emigrated to other countries, towns or villages but my grandma didn’t go. My grandfather emigrated to France and Switzerland a, because he had to work.
The experience was good, because he used to work in a restaurant. But also he felt sad because he couldn’t see his family and he met his son for the first time with eight months.
They used to move in the bus, my grandfather’s motorbike. They went to the cinema at the weekends and went to the beach on holidays.
The most significant changes in her life is were having five children, the death of her parents, being grandmother and learning how write and read in a centre of adults.
This is the life of my grandmother, her name is María Isabel or Maribel and I love her very much!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario