I.E.S.D.R.E.

domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

My Grandmother (by Martina Rodríguez)

She was born on 6th January 1933 in Villanueva de los Castillejos. She had five brothers and one sister.
My grandmother went to school, from six to ten, in Castillejos. She went to school every day, on Saturdays too and she went all afternoons, except on Thursdays. On Thursdays a priest visited them in the morning and they prayed.
All of her brothers went to school too and when they were twelve years old, some of them went to different schools and others stopped studying.
My grandmother was sent to a boarding school in Portugal. Her favourite subject was Portuguese. She didn't like maths, or geography...
Her teachers were all nuns and they were very good with the pupils; they didn't beat them, they only scolded them.
After the school in the evening, my grandmother used to go to a friend's house to play with dolls. In the evening she didn't study and neither had they to do the homework.
When my grandmother was a teenager, she left the boarding school, she embroidered in Castillejos. In the evening, she used to walk down the road with her friends. On Saturdays and Sundays they went to church. At home she liked to read.
Her mother made her look at the maids while they were making beds or cooked the food... to learn from them.
My grandmother met my grandfather when he came to Castillejos to work as a teacher. On day her friends introduced her to my grandfather. My grandfather and his friend went to see my grandmother and her friends who were embroiders. The first time that my grandfather Patri saw her he fell in love and he said: "Can we see each other tomorrow?".
My grandmother never worked, because her parents had money. She has always lived in Castillejos.
In the summer, she and her sister went to Portugal to spend the holidays there. They used the bus to go from one place to another.
On Public holidays they went to a club. On weekends, she walked in the afternoon and she went to the cinema.
My grandmother thinks that life has changed a lot. At that time everyone didn't have car. My grandmother saw a telephone for the first time when she was 16 years old.
Before, the cylinder didn't exist and they had a shower with water warmed in the sun. My grandmother didn't have a TV in her childhood.
I have learned a lot from my grandmother Maricruz. I appreciate her very much and I give her all my fondness. Thanks to her I have been educated as a good person.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario